Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm leaving my Husband for another land...


I'll be back though.

So, I'm packing up and loading the plane. Samantha and I are off for a 13 day vacation in Ireland.
This has pretty much been the biggest thing I have anticipated this summer year, and I honestly CANNOT believe I'm going.

With a seven day cycle tour through Western Ireland, I am so pumped to be able to see the Cliffs of Moher and all that the countryside offers. We will spend the first 7 days of our vacation on a bike while staying in a different city each night. During the two half marathons I have run, the thought always crosses my mind that running is a great way to see the city. You see a whole lot more when you're not speeding through in a car. So, what better way to see a piece of the beautiful Irish country than on bike? I agree, there isn't one. After cycling from Bunratty to Galway City, Samantha and I will travel east to Dublin for a few days. Best of both worlds, country and city life. We want to experience it all. And that is our plan.

So what about my Husband? Since I'm not willing to pay the fees for my bag weighing over 50lbs, there's no way I'm trying to lug him around with us. Luckily I have an awesome roommate who has agreed to love and take care of him while I'm away. Hopefully he won't forget about me or think I'm abandoning him. That would be bad. I would hate for him not to jump all over the place in excitement when I get back like he does regularly when I get home from work now. I will definitely have to schedule some FaceTime chats with him while I'm gone.

One of our prep rides for Ireland-- me and Sam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment