Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Husband Failed...


... his weigh-in, that is.

Recently we had our monthly weigh-in visit with the vet. And when I say we, I mean Hubs. Unfortunately, Hubs was down almost 4 pounds. Typically seeing a lower number on the scale would make me jump for joy while I run out for celebratory ice cream, but in this case we needed a bigger number.

With a goal weight between 95 and 100, Hubs is now working from a larger deficit. Entering my home at 88lbs, he is now down to 84.5. Instead of 10lbs, we now have to get him up 15lbs.

Now, I know I could easily give him peanut butter at every turn and give him snacks for just being cute- and I have to admit my Husband is super cute, but I want him to gain in a healthy way. Healthy pup, happy pup- right? We run 3-4 times a week. Not long distances though- his hips can't take longer runs, and frankly neither can my motivation at the moment. So it will have to be a gradual gain.

Fingers crossed I'm not finding the weight he's losing.
Fingers crossed next weigh-in we'll get a gold star.

Mission pack on the pounds is underway!

Cool-down on the tile floor-- isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment