Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Life on a Leash



Hubs here. I find it only fitting that if this is a blog about the life with Staci and Husband, then I should report in periodically to share my side of this life. I can't let the human do all the talking- though typically I can't get a bark in edgewise- but this is the life.  Plus, she's been slacking lately- she keeps muttering something about a dissertation. I'm not sure what that is, but she's been reading a lot of papers as of late. So I'm taking the reigns, er leash for now.

Standing at a whopping 3 feet tall, I definitely see this world from a different perspective. I'm here to tell you all about it.

So what's it like in this new life? That's the question I get the most from the my dogs in the 'hood. Yeah, you hear that barking around town, that's how we communicate. Remember seeing 101 Dalmatians? That barking chain is real- we're not saving a hundred puppies from a crazy-fur-wearing mad woman or anything, but we do chat occasionally. So what's it like? Well, I have to say I'm getting used to the routine and really starting to find my place in the household- which is anywhere I want to be- I'm kind of a big guy so not much is dictated by others. I did learn my manners from my previous owners, so I'm not into everything- yet.

I have a roommate, which is nice because I like being around others- her name is Heidi. I got the human to snap a pic of the two of us playing. She's pretty cool- not high maintenance and likes to play. She sticks around during the day when the humans leave for long periods of time- they always come back though.

Heidi and I playing. 
Before coming to the house, my previous owners put me up in this hotel of sorts which was more like a jail cell- cinder block walls, fencing for doors and everything. Not exactly sure what I did to deserve that, but I suppose it all worth it. Now I'm lapping up the luxury. I even have my own bed! I don't always fit on, but I'm getting used this treatment. 

Relaxing after a tough day of play. 

In addition to getting used to the new digs, I've also been getting acquainted with the locals. Not all of them are all that friendly, but I think I'm starting to grow on them. 


And so there's a dog's eye view into my life so far. We went to the dog park today. That place is pretty fun- lots of fun to be had there. 

Until next time- I'll nudge the human to be more consistent with this. I'm not the quickest at typing- she's much quicker than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment